Integrity and Our Financial Standards
I. Our Financial Commitment to Donors
- This organization is firmly committed to good stewardship of funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. We promise to use your gifts wisely and effectively in Christ's name.
- To insure our financial accountability to you, our donor, we are a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- We fully support the purposes and goals of ECFA, and display its seal proudly to reflect compliance with its membership standards.
- Every member organization shall subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly affirming its commitment to the evangelical Christian faith and shall conduct its financial operations in a manner which reflects generally accepted Christian practices.
- Every member organization shall be governed by a responsible board, the majority of whom shall not be employees/staff, and/or related by blood or marriage, which shall meet at least semi-annually to establish policy and review it accomplishments.
- Every member organization shall obtain an annual audit performed by an independent public accounting firm in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) with financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP).
- Every member organization shall have a functioning audit review committee appointed by the board, a majority of whom shall not be employees/staff and/or related by blood or marriage, for the purpose of reviewing the annual audit and reporting its findings to the board.
- Every member organization shall provide a copy of its current audited financial statements upon written request.
- Every member organization shall conduct its activities with the highest standards of financial integrity and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Every member organization shall ensure that its fund raising appeals clearly identify the purposes and programs to which the donations will be applied and shall ensure that these donations are used for the purpose for which they were raised.
Find Out More About:
- What are my options for making contributions?
- Financial Standards/Integrity
- Non-profit tax-exempt status
- Audit Reports & 990s
- Download financial documents
- Striving for financial sustainability in each country
- Tsunami Update