Family Rebuilding Packages
For just $130 per package, our colleagues in Nepal can provide the following to help a family of six to get back on their feet:
How can we GIVE?
- Asian Access
- Support churches who are doing relief work. A2 is distributing funds raised through local churches in Nepal for use where it's needed most. To give online, click the red “Give Now!” button (US$) below or click here...
...or send your check to Asian Access, PO Box 3307, Cerritos, CA 90703.
- Sunrise International Mission similarly distributes funds through local churches on the ground in Nepal
- For those wishing to serve on a relief team, we are exploring our options and potential partnerships.
- A second quake (7.3) struck on May 11 with a death toll of 65...
- People are fearful to stay in buildings. Many are staying in tents in the open.
- UN reporting that donations are down, having raised $30 million of goal of $400M; UN anticipates it will be a $5 Billion endeavor.
- MASSIVE NEEDS with monsoon season starting:
- 2 million living in tents;
- 8 million people affected across 39 districts;
- 600,000 homes destroyed or damaged;
- The current death toll continues to rise;
- 134 aftershocks causing further damage.
- Large aid groups are providing immediate aid, and A2 is recommending some credible organizations below... Please give to organizations that align with what's important to you.
- Asian Access is trying to mobilize giving toward these local churches who are at the forefront of providing care; we learned this in Japan since March 2011.
- 34 other countries are coming to help; 65 aid teams, 30 medical teams; but the government of Nepal is asking many of them to leave! We're not exactly sure why the government has reacted this way.
- Asian Access is planning on sending a ground crew in a few days to assess and begin delivering aid via a network of local area churches.
- Volunteer teams can be organized to go through Asian Access from August through December 2015.
Original 7.8 Earthquake: Death Toll Exceeds 8,400
Text message from a friend on the ground in Nepal:
"We are fine. We are in open ground now, and it's raining. Sadly, our home is totally destroyed; we are homeless now. Earthquakes are still coming and everywhere there are problems. Many dead bodies, it's not counted yet, so many people died."
Mission Network News
MNN: Nepal in collective shock (June 15, 2015)
Mission Network News radio broadcast (June 15, 2015)
MNN: Making beauty out of ashes in Nepal (June 8, 2015)
Mission Network News radio broadcast (June 8, 2015)
MNN: 3 Rs in short supply in Nepal (May 19, 2015)
Mission Network News radio broadcast (May 19, 2015)
MNN: Nepalese leaving gods after second quake (May 13, 2015)
Mission Network News radio broadcast (May 13, 2015)
MNN: Nepal quake: in dire need of aid (April 27, 2015)
Mission Network News radio broadcast (April 27, 2015)
Moody Radio interviews
Interview with Joe Handley - June 02, 2015
Interview with Mr. Chittry - May 20, 2015
Interview #2 - May 8, 2015
Interview #1 - April 27, 2015