From Asian Access' series called, Eastern Voices: Insight, Perspective, and Vision from Kingdom Leaders in Asia In Their Own Words...
Here's final part 6 in a series from Pastor Jeyakaran...
EV11.6: Asian Access contributing to breaking down discrimination
Pastor Jeyakaran describes how sharing the pro-empowerment story of Powerhouse Church has challenged dozens of Indian pastors to change their perspectives and practices in terms of the priesthood of all believers, leaving behind the caste, skin color, and gender prejudices of centuries.
When this kind of sharing takes place within an Asian Access learning community, it provides a safe place where leaders challenge one another and grow.
Here's a brief video clip based on his chapter in Eastern Voices, Vol. 1 — “Breaking Through The Barriers” (chp 11)...
This Eastern Voices series from Pastor Jeyakaran:
- Part 1 — EV11.1: Is the Church mirroring culture or transforming it?
- Part 2 — EV11.2: Scripture compels Church to fight discrimination
- Part 3 — EV11.3: Asian Church breaks down discrimination of caste and colour
- Part 4 — EV11.4: Asian church combats discrimination against women
- Part 5 — EV11.5: Church members carrying kingdom values wherever they go
- Part 6 — EV11.6: Asian Access contributing to breaking down discrimination
JEYAKARAN is founding pastor of Powerhouse Church in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also serves as South India Coordinator for Asian Access/India. He, his wife Kavitha, and their daughter live in Chennai.
Eastern Voices Volume 1 is compilation of 14 stories from 15 different Asian authors. The book is available in paperback and in digital (ePub) format. It can be purchased through Amazon and other book resellers. Order your copy of Volume 1 today!
- Purchase the book, Eastern Voices, Volume 1
- Visit the Eastern Voices website...
- For more stories, see: http://www.easternvoices.org/chapters
- Read an excerpt from Jeyakaran's chapter: "Breaking Through The Barriers" (chp 11).
- Watch Jeyakaran on YouTube:
- Asian Access contributing to breaking down discrimination: https://youtu.be/gNfVk3XZjlI