At the midway point in this ministry year, here is a compilation of some of the stories we’ve been reporting. We trust you will be encouraged by the progress of the work, inspired by the hope these leaders possess, and compelled to come alongside in practical ways.
Joe Handley, President
FRESH FRUIT - ASIA
Work of Reproducing Disciple-Making Leaders
Joe shares from Cambodia that the more sustainable work over the long haul is investing in small groups who will walk faithfully and reproduce what they have been learning. Read more…
The A2 Attraction
One participant shared about A2’s attraction: “We learned how to have a deep, love relationship with God. We learned how to spend time with God, to enjoy prayer, to just enjoy being with Jesus. We learned how we could serve God without our families having to be sacrificed. … And we learned how to prioritize, how to use our time well—how to discern God’s strategic will for our ministries. The results, in terms of fruitful ministry in our country, have been phenomenal.” Read more…
- Planting a Seed: Empowering "Poor" Churches to Make a Difference in Their Communities
- The Loving Support of a Vibrant Community
FRESH FRUIT – EAST ASIA
- Friendship that Forgives
- Olympic Vision 2020 Underway in Tokyo
- Japan Reacts to S. Korean Tragedy
- Thirty New Followers of Jesus
- Harvest is Plentiful, but the Workers?
- McGavran Foretells the Future
- Japan Disaster - Third Anniversary Progress Update
FRESH FRUIT – SOUTH ASIA
Simple Love Trumps Volatility
Mission Network News reports on the heart of an A2 participant, whose love motivates him to reach out toward the unreachable in a neighboring country. Read more…
- On India's National Elections
- Modern India's Growing Pains
- Reaching Those No One Wants to Reach
- First Week of 2014 India Elections Comes to an End
LESSONS FOR LIFE
- Water, Please!
- Cherry Blossoms and Dragons
- Joe Cool vs. The Average Joe
- Keeping the Faith
- Sabbath Rest
- Where Leaders are Made
- Standing on Giants' Shoulders
MARKETPLACE: FAITH & MISSION
What A2 Does for Pastors, I Would Pay You to Do for Me!
Asian Access announces it will be launching prototypes in leader development among business professionals as a logical extension of their existing vision. Read more…
STANDING BY “THE PERSECUTED”
The Character of Persecution
A2 leaders are being developed into a generation that is making disciples, planting churches, helping street children, working in the garbage dumps, establishing orphanages, and working with those suffering from human trafficking. However, progress like this doesn’t come without resistance. There have been recent flare-ups of fear and resentment of the growth of the Church in Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, and/ or animistic areas. Another common denominator between these countries is one-party dictatorships that have replaced any semblance of representative government. As these issues ebb and flow with events, political climate, and other things, so too does persecution. Read more…
- Not Everyone is Celebrating Freedom Today
- Thoughts on Persecution
- Persecution and God's Care Through an A2 Leader
- A2 "Students" -- With Much to Teach Us
- "We praise God when we are persecuted"
- Deadly Violence Mars Bangladesh Elections
- Instability, Violence Bring Bangladesh to a Standstill
For a copy of this report, download the PDF here.
Rev. Joseph W. Handley, Jr. | President
tel. +1 (310) 787-3321