By Rod Denton, Equipping The Next Generation
Qualities of a Great Leader, Part 2: Five Spiritual Qualities
This is the second entry in a 4-part series about great leaders that took me 36 years to write. Here is the outline of the 30 leadership qualities I will cover:
- Six Foundational Qualities
- Five Spiritual Qualities
- Two Relational Qualities
- Seventeen Essential Leadership Qualities
As I shared in Part 1, when God wants to get something done, He finds a person, but not just any person. He looks for a person with certain qualities.
Great leaders who achieve great things
are characterised by certain qualities.
In addition to the six foundational qualities shared in Part 1, here are spiritual qualities consistently found in great leaders:
Spiritual Leadership Qualities
7. Doing what the Father is doing
- "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by Himself; He can only do what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does." John 5:19-20.
8. Abiding in Christ
- "I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5
9. Filled With The Holy Spirit
- "… be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18
- "…pray continually…" 1 Thessalonians 5:17
11. In The Word
- "Do not let this Book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8
Which of these spiritual qualities do you possess? Which ones do you need to focus on to strengthen? What step can you take today to get on track for developing this quality?
In Part 3, we will look at two relational qualities that great leaders possess.
This article was originally published here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/qualities-leadera-paper-took-36-years-write-denton-rod
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Rod Denton has served as a pastor and as a teacher in the development of emerging leaders in Australia and 9 different countries across Asia with Asian Access. He now serves as a consultant for Rod Denton Equipping The Next Generation. Rod also serves part time as the Mission's Resource Consultant with the Salvation Army. More information: www.roddentoneng.com.au
See also, Asian Access Faculty