From Asian Access' series called, Eastern Voices: Insight, Perspective, and Vision from Kingdom Leaders in Asia In Their Own Words...
Here's part 2 from Pastor Jeyakaran...
EV11.2: Scripture compels Church to fight discrimination
Pastor Jeyakaran asserts that in the heart of God is equality and justice. Therefore his newly planted church decided to take on discrimination based upon Scripture's teaching that people are equal:
- Genesis 1:27
- Galatians 3:28
He particularly wanted the Church address three discriminations: caste, gender, and skin color. He declares:
"All discrimination and biases and prejudices are meant to be broken at the foot of the cross."
Here's a brief video clip based on his chapter in Eastern Voices, Vol. 1 — “Breaking Through The Barriers” (chp 11)...
This Eastern Voices series from Pastor Jeyakaran:
- Part 1 — EV11.1: Is the Church mirroring culture or transforming it?
- Part 2 — EV11.2: Scripture compels Church to fight discrimination
- Part 3 — Coming soon...
JEYAKARAN is founding pastor of Powerhouse Church in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also serves as South India Coordinator for Asian Access/India. He, his wife Kavitha, and their daughter live in Chennai.
Eastern Voices Volume 1 is compilation of 14 stories from 15 different Asian authors. The book is available in paperback and in digital (ePub) format. It can be purchased through Amazon and other book resellers. Order your copy of Volume 1 today!
- Purchase the book, Eastern Voices, Volume 1
- Visit the Eastern Voices website...
- For more stories, see: http://www.easternvoices.org/chapters
- Read an excerpt from Jeyakaran's chapter: "Breaking Through The Barriers" (chp 11).
- Watch Jeyakaran on YouTube:
- Scripture compels Church to fight discrimination: https://youtu.be/mn0tHduwezg
- Image of cross courtesy of Crosswalk