From Asian Access' series called, Eastern Voices: Insight, Perspective, and Vision from Kingdom Leaders in Asia In Their Own Words...
Here's part 3 in a series from Pastor Jeyakaran...
EV11.3: Asian Church breaks down discrimination of caste and colour
Pastor Jeyakaran shares how Powerhouse Church has applied their commitment to the equality of all persons — regardless of caste, colour, or gender — to impact the prejudices prevalent in the Indian Church.
Here's a brief video clip based on his chapter in Eastern Voices, Vol. 1 — “Breaking Through The Barriers” (chp 11)...
This Eastern Voices series from Pastor Jeyakaran:
- Part 1 — EV11.1: Is the Church mirroring culture or transforming it?
- Part 2 — EV11.2: Scripture compels Church to fight discrimination
- Part 3 — EV11.3: Asian Church breaks down discrimination of caste and colour
- Part 4 — EV11.4: coming soon...
JEYAKARAN is founding pastor of Powerhouse Church in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also serves as South India Coordinator for Asian Access/India. He, his wife Kavitha, and their daughter live in Chennai.
Eastern Voices Volume 1 is compilation of 14 stories from 15 different Asian authors. The book is available in paperback and in digital (ePub) format. It can be purchased through Amazon and other book resellers. Order your copy of Volume 1 today!
- Purchase the book, Eastern Voices, Volume 1
- Visit the Eastern Voices website...
- For more stories, see: http://www.easternvoices.org/chapters
- Read an excerpt from Jeyakaran's chapter: "Breaking Through The Barriers" (chp 11).
- Watch Jeyakaran on YouTube:
- Asian Church breaks down discrimination of caste and colour: https://youtu.be/OMgEBWgsHKk
- Image courtesy Women of Worth, Dark is Beautiful