Navodaya conference sparks key church planting, family enrichment, and healing initiatives in Sri Lanka
Rev. Adrian DeVisser is Founder of Kithu Sevana Ministries, National Director for Asian Access Sri Lanka, and Vice President for Partnership Development for Asian Access. This past January, Adrian, in collaboration with key national leaders, organized the Navodaya (New Beginning) Conference at the Ape Kadella Camp and Conference Center outside of Colombo. The Conference brought together leaders from throughout Sri Lanka. As Adrian shares here, God moved powerfully through the Navodaya Conference.
“The Navodaya conference was organized in January 2018 to fulfil a threefold objective:
- Challenge the Church to do missions, evangelism and church planting.
- Equip the Church to do ministry in the context of the current religious and political environment in Sri Lanka.
- Unite the Church, honoring the prayer of Jesus in John 17:20-21.
“We invited 500 key pastors and church leaders. More than 500 attended, with over 600 in attendance on the final day.
“I am personally rejoicing for how God specifically blessed our gathering:
- He gave me the strength to lead this conference even while my wife Ophelia was going through medical challenges.
- He united the Church of Sri Lanka through this event. Most of the heads of denominations and parachurch movements participated in this historic event.
- I was thrilled to see how God used our Ape Kadella campsite to host the conference. We were able to provide accommodations, food, and all other needs for all of the attendees.
“I was doubly blessed by the outcomes from the conference:
- We are in the process of enlisting 100,000 believers from throughout Sri Lanka to wake up early each morning to pray for the salvation of our nation.
- We are assembling four classes of 25 church planters each, gathered strategically in the north, east, south, and western parts of Sri Lanka, who will begin training in April 2018. The focus of their training will be planting new churches in unreached areas of Sri Lanka.
- Four marriage enrichment seminars for senior leaders in ministry will be conducted in 2018.
- In 2018, we will hold inner healing seminars in each of the nine provinces in Sri Lanka.
- We established a scholarship fund for the education of pastors’ children, to help these children pursue higher education that would otherwise be unattainable for them.
“Clearly, God has given us an ambitious vision for 2018 and beyond. On behalf of my brothers and sisters in Sri Lanka, I covet your prayers as, by God’s grace, we move forward to transform the lives of leaders in Sri Lanka and grow the Body of Christ throughout my country. Thank you for your prayers and support.”
ADRIAN DeVISSER is founder and senior pastor of Kethu Sevana Ministries in Sri Lanka. He also serves as national director for Asian Access Sri Lanka as well as A2’s Vice President for Partnership Development. He and his wife Ophelia live in Colombo, Sri Lanka.