JAPAN 2020: A FOCUS ON 'ETERNAL HOPE'
The summer of 2020 provides a unique opportunity for us to send workers, as Japan opens its borders for athletes and spectators from around the world gathering in Tokyo for the Olympics. Hosting the Olympic games often creates a heightened sense of national pride and connectedness among residents of the host country.
The 2020 Olympic mascot is a character called Miraitowa, a name derived from the Japanese words “mirai” (future) and “towa” (eternity). According to the official website of the Olympic Games, this name was chosen to promote a future full of eternal hope in the hearts of people all over the world.
This presents an incredible opportunity to bridge the truths of the gospel to this theme of eternal hope among the Japanese people. Our partner churches in Japan are asking for short-term outreach team members to come plant gospel seeds and build connections with the local people.
Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2020
- To learn more about joining a short-term team in 2020, please click on this link: www.simusa.org/japan2020
Summer 2020 Info:
- The Opportunity for the Japanese Church
- Connecting through Community Outreach
- An Invitation: Summer 2020 in Japan!
- Who is a good fit for this opportunity?
- Preparing for a 2020 Summer Team to Japan