PARTNERING WITH THE JAPANESE CHURCH TO BRING GOOD NEWS TO HARD PLACES
SHORT-TERM OPPORTUNITY | SUMMER 2020
Japan is home to nearly 127 million people.
Less than 1% of them are Christian.
JOIN US THIS SUMMER IN JAPAN! We're inviting teams of 3-5 individuals to engage in a two-week missions experience or an extended multi-month experience this summer. In collaboration with Asian Access, our strategic partner in Japan, we'll be working alongside the local Japanese Church to help reach their communities with the gospel ahead of the 2020 Olympics.
Check out this 1-minute video to hear more about this opportunity, then visit our website for additional details, including dates, estimated costs, and ministry locations at https://simusa.org/japan2020. The application deadline is Feb. 1.
Watch “Japan 2020 | Invitation” on #Vimeo https://vimeo.com/355951043?ref=tw-share #AsianAccess @SIMUSA
Through SIM’s partnership with Asian Access, we have an established relationship with Japanese churches that want to take the good news of Jesus to those who have never heard it. These churches are asking for more workers to help them reach their nation with the gospel. Do you sense God leading you to cross barriers and partner with His church in another culture, for His kingdom? Pray about joining engaging in this opportunity!
Short-term Teams (2 weeks)
- July 1-13 (two weeks, pre-Olympics)
Extended experience (2-3 months)
- May 26-August 7 or custom dates (max of 90 days)
COSTS & LOGISTICS
SIM will provide pre-trip training, arrange accommodations while in Japan, and debrief team members upon their return. All funds will be raised by each team member and receipted through SIM. Cost estimates are as follows:
- 2-week team trip: approx. $2,500 + international airfare
- 9-week extended experience: approx. $6,200 + international airfare.
Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2020
- To learn more about joining a short-term team in 2020, please click on this link: www.simusa.org/japan2020
Summer 2020 Info:
- The Opportunity for the Japanese Church
- Connecting through Community Outreach
- An Invitation: Summer 2020 in Japan!
- Who is a good fit for this opportunity?
- Preparing for a 2020 Summer Team to Japan