2013 has been an amazing year.
For Kyle and me, it has been an amazing first year to be part of what God is doing throughout Asia through the leader-development work of Asian Access. But rather than writing about us, I'd like to focus on some amazing breakthroughs we have seen this past year in our restricted-access countries.
Breakthroughs in restricted-access countries:
Restricted Access means countries where religious freedom to practice and share the Christian faith, is opposed, restricted, or flat-out forbidden. Despite these obstacles, the Gospel is moving forward, and God is using Asian Access to play a part. (Note, for security reasons, we'll have to be vague about places, names, and photos.)
That said, what kind of "Amazing Things That Happened in 2013" am I talking about? Things like...
- Pastors and leaders resuming A2 training after suffering direct suppression, including imprisonment, at the hands of the government. A2's leader training in this country is now operating at full speed and expanding to reach out to younger, grassroots leaders.
- Church growth so significant in another Christianity-forbidden country that the national government has asked our A2 leaders to assist them in drafting what will become the first-ever constitution for this country.
- A2 graduating its first-ever class of pastors and leaders from a Muslim-majority country.
- Yet another Christianity-suppressed country adding a new A2 training cohort in the north of their country--doubling the number of leaders involved in A2 training.
- Doors open for the launch of A2 into a new restricted-access country in the Spring of 2014.
I could go on, but you get the idea—God is on the move, and He has raised up courageous men and women to spread His Gospel even in places where the powers-that-be seek to impede its progress. It's a privilege for Asian Access to have a role in this amazing Kingdom advancement.
So you can see why Kyle and I are so excited to be a small part of this great work—and why this work is worth supporting. As we enter the last month of this amazing 2013, I hope that you will support Asian Access with your prayers, friendship, and finances. I can assure you that your contributions will serve to empower some truly amazing people doing truly amazing ministry. And your support enables us to move forward in what could be an historic window of opportunity for the Gospel in Asia. As one of our leaders put it to me earlier this year:
"Ten years ago, the police were chasing us. Now they protect us."
What amazing things has God done in your life this past year?