Would you consider helping a church reach out to tsunami victims in Japan?
Early Response to Disaster
Just 10 days after the devastating tsunami and earthquake of March 11, 2011, Pastor Itoh and the Christians from Izumi Gospel Chapel in Sendai began responding to the needs around them. God led them to a neighborhood in Higashi Matsushima, (one hour away) that hadn't been receiving food and supplies. That relationship has continued to grow. Seven months later they began leasing a tsunami flooded building which they restored, providing a much needed community meeting place.
Since 2012 Asian Access has been partnering with this ministry through the teamwork of Pastor Itoh and the Boehme family.
Now, 4 years later, there are worship services held weekly that are well attended. Many have already put their trust in Christ. This has been exciting to witness in a country with less than a 1% Christian population. There are numerous monthly community outreach opportunities.
Here are just a few examples of ministry activities:
- children's community outreach;
- Amazing Mama Club - young moms come with their pre-schoolers to build friendships with Christian women and gain Bible based parenting skills;
- new believers Bible studies, and children's and adult English classes.
- community wide outreach festivals... Because of the trust built between the community and the church, many non-Christian people from the community provide assistance and serve alongside the Christians.
Growing Need for Amazing Grace Relief Center
Since 2012 relief work and church activities have been held at a rented facility. The monthly costs to rent and run this facility is too high for a new church plant. In answer to this problem, a building will be built. The building will be paid for and the only ongoing costs to the church plant will be a small rental fee for the land and utilities. This will allow the new church a long term meeting place and a continued community presence among the disaster survivors.
$25,000 Still Needed
There is currently only $25,000 needed to complete this project. Won't you consider a gift toward this need and invest in the ongoing transformation happening in this tsunami devastated community.
Ways to Get Involved
1. Learn More: If you'd like to read more about the Amazing Grace Relief Center, download the 3-page flyer here...
2. Give: If you want to invest, please click this button and select "Amazing Grace Relief Center."
To give online, click the red “Give Now!” button below or or visit: https://give.asianaccess.org/pages/donation-form-project-agrc. Be sure to select "Amazing Grace Relief Relief Center" in the Designation drop-down menu.
Or send your check to Asian Access, PO Box 3307, Cerritos, CA 90703.
3. Pray: Please ask God to bless this new relief center. Pray for it to not only meet the needs to hurting people, but also to draw many to Christ.
God bless you and thank you for your prayers and financial support for Asian Access! Thank you for prayerfully considering this giving opportunity.