On our third day at Asian Access Global Leaders’ Summit, C.B. Samuel once again challenged us. This day was quite challenging indeed as you can tell from the title of this blog. I encourage you to listen to C.B.’s entire lesson below, but to give you a few doozies as teasers, here’s a little of what you can expect:
- The church will have to go through major restructuring in order for us to embody the kingdom of God!
- When you get into the lift (an elevator), you don’t know who is a leader… Jesus sees people, not leaders! It doesn’t matter who you are but what matters is how you behave!
- When you follow Jesus, he changes the way you look at the world!—The best leadership training seeks disorientation!
- We talk about principles, philosophy, but people are left untouched. In India, the caste system still impacts the church leadership BUT...
- kingdom leaders who live the life of the kingdom, they don’t just teach the kingdom! They don’t just talk. They act!
- When people follow Jesus, they come home changed!
- Kingdom leader training is changing behavior… totally changed, shattered preconceptions. Any education which doesn’t change your preconceptions is no education at all. Some of us are good libraries. All the information is there but nothing has changed!
- Sam Shepherd, former Youth for Christ leader said: If you’re discipling someone, who have you seen them in the last 24 hours?
- How do we re-pack church and ministry so that none of the leaders can be excused from the process of discipling? The crisis is that more than 70% of our leaders were never discipled! A person who can build kingdom leaders, is someone who has been discipled! Has he walked with people, has he sat with them? Kingdom leaders are produced by kingdom leaders!
- As a pastor, your role is to find people who aspirations are for change
- Are you creating a pool: is your church full of people who want God’s kingdom in your country?
- My desire is that our churches will be the pool from which we’ll produce kingdom leaders! Kingdom leaders don’t apply for a job… They are chosen! They are people who long for the kingdom of God! They say, God do something in our nation. Change our nation!—These are kingdom leaders.
- What would the world look like if God reigned here? How will my country look if the kingdom of God were active here?
- If Jesus was your senior pastor, what would your church look like? And where would he be Monday - Saturday… He’d be on the street!
- Kingdom people are built with on the job training!
- In the kingdom, there is constant training!
Wow, what a profound few days with C.B. Samuel. I encourage you to listen to these audio recordings. I’ve only given you a glimpse with these choice quotes. These files are well worth downloading and listening to!
- Download audio file: https://s3.amazonaws.com/a2-media/audio/CBSamuel-msg2-A2summit2016-04-22.mp3
- Other messages from C.B. Samuel:
- C.B. Samuel's endorsement of Asian Access