We had another fun week in India as the 3rd group of pastors graduated on Thursday evening. These two pastors pulled me aside to personally thank me for the investment of Asian Access.
The first guy shocked me. He said:
"A2 questioned my orthodox ways of thinking!”
I was a little worried to be honest with you. I thought, Oh boy, what happened? However, he went on to talk about orthodox methodology rather than theology. Too funny! Here’s what he shared:
- In Bible college and seminary I was taught a lot of man-centered ways of doing ministry;
- A2 taught me ministry straight from the Bible.
The second pastor said,
“The A2 module on discipleship totally changed my paradigm!"
- In January of this year, I had a group of 50 leaders;
- Today, just 4 months later, we have multiplied using the discipleship models we learned, straight from the Bible, and now we have over 250 people involved in discipleship in our church!
While these are exciting stories to hear, they are just a small sample of so many more amazing stories. I’ll have to share them in the future.
The highlight for me, though, was how deep the most important thing sunk in: that ministry flows from being not from doing! It is only out of our “Love Relationship with Christ” that any of us can bear fruit that will last. All the graduates clearly saw a keen picture of this vital truth in ministry. That warms my heart!
I can’t wait to share more stories from Asian Access/South India!
- See other common paradigm shifts that Asian Access graduates typically experience...
- Read more about our leader development participants...