Asian Access at the Global Proclamation Congress for Pastoral Trainers
Graphic used at A2's table display at GPro Congress 2016
What an incredible week together in Bangkok as nearly 2,500 pastoral trainers gathered together from 112 countries to catalyze a movement for pastoral training.
Asian Access was right in the mix of it all. We served as pre-conference consultants to the overall program, led one of the primary workshop tracks on Spiritual Engagement, and our very own Jeyakaran Emmanuel and Takeshi Takazawa made us proud by serving as the congress emcee’s all week. Jayakaran's wife Kavitha also served in that same MC role. They did a fantastic job.
You can see the action at our previous posts on the Parallel Session:
- Day 1: Spiritual Formation and Vitality
- Day 2: Pastoral Leadership
- Day 3: Marriage and Family
- Day 4: Mentoring – Pastoring of Pastors
- Day 5: Prayer, Warfare and Deliverance
Some of the alumni and faculty at GPro 2016
Dozens of A2 Alumni from 10 countries enjoy interacting at GPro 2016
With this post, you’ll see a slideshow of our final gathering and a few pics from the week overall. I believe there were some 60-70 Asian Access alumni and faculty from across 10 countries serving and participating in the congress overall. Here’s some of what they shared learning during the course of the week...
- We saw such unity in Christ and such fellowship with one another. It felt like the Spirit of A2 being at this Congress!
- The values of Asian Access were on display: it’s truly all about a relationship with Christ and relationships with one another!
- We learned how to better grow the body of Christ, and the value of teamwork: We is more important than I!
- The key theme was that Healthy Pastors lead Healthy Churches which bring Healthy Societies.
- We learned that together we can see transformation in our countries and in our world.
- We loved the basics, getting back to how Jesus trained the 12!
- We learned that our country is too dependent on outside help. We need to find ways to build sustainability.
- The importance of our character is at the heart of our fruitfulness.
- We were inspired to see our country become an innovation hub for ministry.
- We are indeed agents of change: as we change, our churches will change and that can lead to communities and societies that change!
- I was impressed by the influence of A2. The mutuality of learning was exponential here.
- and one more...
"I was deeply impressed by how influential Asian Access is. It was stunning to see our community so involved at so many levels across this congress. Clearly we are doing the right things. What Asian Access is doing is profound!"
Praise God for such an opportunity to see the “vibrant community of servant leaders… leading the Church across Asia!”
Hope you enjoy the photo slideshow!