Here are two more reflections shared by participants from the Marriage & Family module in a restricted-access country which was taught by Joe and Silk Handley. These clips are blurred to protect identities...
1. "It's more important for me to be a good father than a good pastor."
This pastor recounts a compelling story to say that he does not want to sacrifice his call to be a good father in order to be a good pastor. The Asian Access module on Marriage & Family blessed him, helping to encourage and equip him. Plus, he enjoyed being able to learn together with his wife.
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppy2B7DKbRA
2. "I don't like physical touch, but my husband is romantic."
In this lighthearted clip, this leader shares her biggest lesson. She is thankful to Asian Access for the recent Marriage & Family session. She learned about love languages, specifically what her's weren't and her husband's love languages are. She shares and giggles about what challenging changes she will need to make.
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68PJdPXZY4
Aren't these stories engaging? I find them incredibly encouraging because they are learning together in community. And that means that God-honoring life change is occurring, first in the participants and then it moves out to families, churches, and communities.
There are a couple more testimony clips that I'll share shortly.
Thank you so much for your partnership with us in developing leaders across Asia!
Joe Handley, President
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73jvtvD40M
- Related stories:
- "Please take my husband again for the next cohort of Asian Access"
- Marriage & Family module, Part 1 - Joe's blog post about the module
- Marriage & Family module, Part 2 - Video reflections from Joe & Silk
- Marriage & Family module, Part 3 - Three Testimonials
- Coming Up: Part 5 will contain a few more video testimonials from this Marriage & Family session... check back soon.