One of the hallmarks of Asian Access is our belief in community. In fact, one of our three core values is “We LIVE Community!” In light of this, several of our countries are saddened that they cannot be meeting at this time due to the coronavirus impact. Despite their loss of meetings, they have expressed more concern for the people in their communities and for you than for their ability to meet.
Herman Moldez, our director in the Philippines said,
“Please pray for us as Metro Manila is now on lockdown… Pray for us as we seek to bring help to our communities.”
So, I want you to know, from all of us, that we are in this together.
I can only imagine how this pandemic may have impacted you. Whether it be quarantines, catching a cold, testing for the coronavirus, or the historic drop in the stock markets, I want you to know that we are praying for you, and we are with you! Just this week, Silk and I hosted a special prayer time on Facebook Live for the US National Day of Prayer (and over 1200 of you have either participated or later watched the video so far). We plan to keep holding these prayer gatherings as often as possible in the midst of this crisis. Even in the midst of social distancing, we must remain in community.
I’m sure you have plenty of places providing links for how to be wise for your health and your neighbors during these times. I simply wanted to reach out and let you know that we are here with you. If you need someone to talk to while quarantined, let me know and we’ll find a way to make a call from halfway around the world.
Do pray for us... and we'll pray for you
- Our cohorts would like to start meeting together as soon as possible and they are right now reaching out to meet the tangible needs of their neighbors.
- And, as you can imagine, the financial situation the world is in has hit us pretty hard. Pray for our funding to enable these cohorts to keep meeting, encourage one another, and LIVE Community so that they can better reach out to those shuttered in or wandering on the streets not knowing what to do.
- Also, we are working on building a digital platform that will help us keep the momentum going. How do we deliver training and promote community when leaders cannot meet face-to-face because of coronavirus or persecution? Would you join us in praying for our creative response to this situation and that positions us for future challenges?
Pray that we can be the hands and feet of Jesus in the midst of this global pandemic. And, please do let us know how to pray for you!
Joe Handley, President
P.S. - Keep up with Silk and me on social media to attend our next Facebook Live prayer time. We’d love to have you join us! https://www.facebook.com/JosephWHandleyJr/
- Sunday, March 22 @ 7pm EST / 4pm PST
- Monday, March 23 @ 8am JST
- Coronavirus and How You Can Help
- Where to find next Facebook Live prayer time: https://www.facebook.com/JosephWHandleyJr/
- We LIVE Community