$200,000 matching gift will help Asian Access build a secure digital platform for leaders to fuel revival
I trust you are doing well as we all continue facing the coronavirus challenges.
I’m writing you to ask you to give toward a match so our brothers and sisters under persecution can enjoy meeting, like we do, by video conferencing without fear of government intervention.
Asia is still reeling from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our friends are especially suffering from the pain of isolation—and none feel it more than those who live in countries where Christians are persecuted, where they cannot trust their governments to give them accurate information about COVID-19.
As in North America (and in Japan where I live), churches in persecuted countries are connecting by video conferencing . . . for now. But it’s just a matter of time before governments shut them down and go after the church leaders. What these countries need is an ultra-secure digital platform that will allow them to meet, worship, and have fellowship away from the prying eyes of their governments.
Serving leaders effectively during the pandemic... and beyond
After two years of research, Asian Access has determined that the technology now exists that can launch a digital platform that will be most effective during this pandemic—and beyond. This online portal will also allow our leaders and pastors to get reliable health information and advice on how to best help their communities. And this interactive, web-based gateway will serve Asian Access leaders and their cohorts well into the future. It will allow our leaders to meet together and be equipped throughout any lockdowns imposed by their governments, no matter how long they last.
Here is perhaps the most exciting way the digital platform can help right now. I am hearing reports of a spiritual awakening!
"There is a new spiritual hunger in our country, among nonbelievers as well as believers. In the midst of disaster and suffering, there are new opportunities for the Church to meet the spiritual needs of our people... Actually, we are in a revival kairos in my country. [What we are seeing] has never happened before."
Evidence of Spiritual Awakening
Here’s what our leaders are seeing:
- A nightly online prayer meeting of a handful of pastors quickly grows to 500 pastors all across their nation.
- Pastors cooperate with pastors, even across denominations, to meet physical and spiritual needs in their communities.
- Christians connect with Christians from one side of the country to the other for encouragement and prayer.
- Church attendance and membership grow as new believers are added.
The digital platform can serve this revival by connecting Christian to Christian and church to church in a way that keeps out the prying eyes of the government. Your gift at this crucial time will help make this secure digital platform a reality. And through the generosity of anonymous friends of the ministry, your gift will be doubled, up to $200,000. Your $30 gift becomes $60, $50 doubles to $100, and $100 will result in $200 toward the launch of this digital platform for leadership.
Here’s what your gift will do:
- Enable our leaders to stay connected securely and learn from each other,
- Allow leaders and pastors to get proper information on COVID-19 to one another and their congregations,
- Remove the fear of persecution for those living under governments where Christians are persecuted, and
- Support a revival in process! There is much more to tell you about how God is moving in the midst of this crisis. To learn more, contact us at https://asianaccess.org/mail, give us your mailing address, and we will send you more information through regular USPS mail.
Your gift will provide a secure digital platform for our persecuted brothers and sisters. If you can't give right now due to the impact of the pandemic on your income, I certainly understand. Know that you are in our prayers. And please pray for Asian Access to do our best to serve the Church in Asia during this difficult season. Pray the gospel "virus" spreads wherever COVID-19 has spread.
We are all in this together. And, God will see us through!
Rev. Joseph W. Handley, Jr., Ph.D.
President, Asian Access
Double your gift now to help provide a safe, secure digital platform for leaders across Asia...