Last week I learned some encouraging news: During COVID-19 emergency suggestions here in Japan, churches in Japan are seeing some intriguing growth.
We have shared previously about a monthly webinar Asian Access has been hosting for pastors:
- Japan: Online church, first A2/Japan webinar, and more
- Isolation Makes Way for New Connections in Japan
It’s been a tremendous experience as everyone is learning from one another, seeing ways to experiment with new ways to reach their communities, and learning from the global church (especially other countries in Asia) about how they are navigating these unusual times.
During our monthly online prayer session last week, Joshua Hari, Asian Access/Japan national director gave us a very encouraging report.
As you’ll see in the above graph, small gatherings of believers have multiplied 6.2 times! Pastor Hari was super excited about this because it could lay the foundation for people to reach their communities more effectively and perhaps even foster church multiplication like we have not seen before.
Praise God for what is happening here in Japan. Please keep praying as the church experiments and innovates to see God’s vision for the country come together. May many come to know Christ through these creative new expressions of church!
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
— Isaiah 43:19
Rev. Joseph W. Handley, Jr., Ph.D.
- COVID forcing Philippines to change pastoral ministry, church model
- Use of digital technology during & post COVID times
- Coronavirus reflections from around the A2 Community
- Needed: a secure digital platform providing leaders with a safe place