Ron McMahon, Chair of the Asian Access Board of Directors, recently visited one of the Asian Access countries, spending time with 14 alumni of the ministry. Here is his report with specific requests for you to join us in prayer for this strategic, yet closed, country:
In a meeting with 14 pastors (alumni of Asian Access), I asked how our board could be praying for them. Each one around the room shared their prayer requests for their church, country and families. I had initially spoken to them and expressed our appreciation for their partnership. In addition, I wanted them to be assured of their part in a growing community of Asian pastors that shared their passion for impacting their countries with the gospel and were with them in spirit and support. Their requests reflected their hearts in a special way as they asked for prayer in these areas:
- For the raising up and training of younger generation leaders. I want to grow deeper in my walk with Christ.
- For the unification of the churches. We need an administrative system to help unite us.
- For the return of Asian Access to our country. My vision is for an In Country A2 Congress and then an All-Asia A2 Congress someday.
- For greater influence of the Christian church on society here.
- That God would help me fulfill my vision to reach different types of people in society with the gospel.
- For many new church plants, additional missionaries and the financial needs of many pastors.
- That the church can reach out to families. Over 50% of our marriages end in divorce.
- I am of the 80's generation. Pray that my church will be instrumental in reaching the 90's generation and that I will be empowered to serve well. Please also pray for our wives and families.
- For younger leader training.
- We have a call to send missionaries to Muslim countries. Pray for God's direction.
- For our church's ministry to the migrant communities. Also for the spreading of the gospel in country communities which are often forgotten and do not receive the efforts of Christian outreach.
- For unification of the overall church in-country including the coming together of the various church movements.
Ron McMahon, Chair
A2 Board of Directors
As president, I am grateful for a Board of Directors that is so intricately involved in the ministry of Asian Access. Please join us in praying for the Church of Asia, that we might see "a vibrant community of servant leaders leading the Church of Asia… who will unite the Church, multiply leaders and congregations, and extend the transforming power of the Gospel.”
For His Kingdom,
Joseph W. Handley, Jr., President